One of the best wine experiences in the world is back…
Glandore’s Burning of the Barrel!
Saturday 25th June 2022
This is not an understatement. In recent years, Burning of the Barrel has been named in the worldwide list of “Top 50 Wine Experiences” by Gourmet Wine Magazine.
Every year this event just gets better and better and we’re ready to roll out the barrel for the biggest, and hottest event yet!
Cellarhands Members and their guests will be given the first opportunity to join us. Any remaining tickets will be made available to the general public at the beginning of May.
Are you a Firestarter… or a Barrel Burner?
12noon – 3:00pm
3:00pm – 10:00pm
As a Glandore Cellarhand Member our sought-after Firestarter Lunch is the Pre-Burning event that can’t be missed. With only 50 tickets available, there are two just for you.
Join Chief Winemaker Duane Roy for a sumptuous pre-ignition dining extravaganza on the deck of our cellar door overlooking the beautiful Hunter Valley vineyards.
The wine list is full of rare gems and old faithfuls, scoured from the depths of the cellar and being poured exclusively for the Firestarter’s lunch. Paired with a flame cooked, 5 course degustation menu by Harry Callinan, this is the Firestarter you don’t want to miss.
Your Firestarter Ticket is restricted to two tickets and is for Cellarhand Members only. It includes all Burning activities plus everything below.
Hosted by Chief Winemaker Duane Roy
5-Course Flame Cooked Degustation Menu
Amazing line up of current, Rare and Large Format Wines from the Cellar
Reserved Seating for the Main Event
All Burning of the Barrel Activities
Cellarhands – $325 per person
LIMIT: 2 tickets per member.
18+, Members Only, use promo Code from email.
Tickets are extremely limited.
Only available to Cellarhand members.
3:00pm – 10:00pm
An incredible night out in the heart of the beautiful Hunter Valley, this widely loved spectacle is a celebration of fine wines and good times! …And delicious food, and music, and fireworks, and burning barrels of course, and well, whatever other crazy ideas we can come up with!
So, grab the picnic blanket, chairs, friends, kids and a great sense of fun as this will be a night to remember. All your food is included in your ticket price, and the bar is open until close, so please, NO BYO FOOD OR ALCOHOL/DRINKS
For our fantastic Cellarhand Members, you will receive the first chance at the best price. Please enjoy a saving of $20 per ticket (Max. 2 Tickets) when you book via the link below.
An Epic Bon Fire
Glandore Wine Glass
A Glass of Wine on Arrival
Fireside All Night Grazing Menu
(Gluten, vegetarian/vegan options available. We cannot cater for all dietary requirements.)
Cheese Board for Two
Welcome to country
Cellarhands – $165 per person
18+, Members Only, 2 Tix per member only, use promo Code from email.
Adult – $185 per person
18+, Members Guests & Non-Members.
Teenager – $85 per person
Child – $50 per person
Little Kids – Free
0-4yo, no ticket required
Need More Convincing?
Take a look back at the 2021 Burning of the Barrel.
DATE: Saturday 25th June 2022
TIME: Firestarter Lunch 12 Noon | Main Event 3:00pm
LOCATION: Glandore, 1595 Broke Rd, Pokolbin NSW
TICKETS: Available online
The friendly team at Luckys will be running return bus transfers from the following loactions.
Pokolbin $30pp return – with the following pickup/drop off points:
Crowne plaza, Potters , Leisure Inn, Harrigan’s, The Vintage, Cypress Lakes, Spicers Guest House, H Boutique and Kirkton Park
Hunter Valley $40pp return – set pick up locations to be designated shorlty but will include:
Cessnock Area, Broke Area and Singleton Area
Newcastle $55pp return – with the following pickup/drop off points:
Newcastle Interchange, McDonald Jones stadium and Wallsend McDonald’s.
Bus transfers can booked during the checkout process while buying your tickets!
Simply add tickets your cart to see bus ticket options.
Use the buttons below to purchase.
Frequently asked questions
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
PERSONS SEEKING ENTRY TO GLANDORE ESTATE ARE ADVISED THAT:
- They are entering a licensed area
- All Glandore employees & contractors abide by the laws & regulations of the responsible service of alcohol guidelines and harm minimisation requirements
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter the venue
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the venue
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from Glandore and are subject to immediate confiscation
- Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering the venue
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol
- Persons under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult to enter. Proof of age will be required at point of entry
- It is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol
THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED INTO GLANDORE AND ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE CONFISCATION:
- Glass or breakable containers
- Cans or metal containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illicit drugs
- Flares or fireworks
- Laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons including potential missiles
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades or bicycles
- Animals (other than assistance dogs)
- Other items as determined by Glandore management that may cause injury or public nuisance
FOR THE COMFORT, SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT OF ALL PERSONS, GLANDORE ADVISES THAT:
- Tickets are not redeemable for cash.
- Tickets are only valid for use on the date printed on ticket.
- Any ticket purchased from Glandore either in-person, by phone or on-line is subject to the cancellation policy located on the Glandore website.
- Glandore events will only be cancelled if it is dangerous for the vendors and/or patrons to remain on site.
- Persons gaining unauthorised access to any of Glandore events and specific areas may be liable for prosecution.
- Glandore is not liable nor does it accept any responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever to any person or property of the death of or injury suffered to any person or animal whilst attending an event at Glandore.
- Persons entering Glandore agree to indemnify Glandore against any loss or liability, cost, expense or damages arising from or in relation to the entry either by person, vehicle or otherwise. Glandore reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of Glandore and search all persons, their clothing and other items of such persons.
- Persons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Glandore employees and contractors will be ejected from Glandore.
- Glandore may refuse admission to or eject persons from Glandore grounds at its sole discretion.
- Persons entering Glandore must adhere to the NSW Workplace Health & Safety legislation.
- Smoking is not permitted within the public areas or enclosed spaces of Glandore with the exception of designated smoking areas.
- Additional entry conditions and requirements may apply to ticketed events.
- Any ticket purchased to enable entry into any particular area of Glandore cannot be exchanged or returned after purchase.
- Parking is restricted to bays as designated by Glandore management and hired parking attendants. Vehicles must not block emergency vehicle access roads and are to give way to emergency vehicles at all times.
- Persons must obey all signs, notices and directions given by Glandore management whilst at Glandore.
- All accidents or emergencies are to be immediately reported to Glandore staff and local authorities.
The following cancellation policy and fees apply to any and all; food & beverage packages, orders and event tickets purchased via Glandore Winery for any Glandore organised event.
Before the Day of the Event
If Glandore cancels the event in advance of the scheduled date a
refund of the food & beverage package purchased will be provided less booking service fees of 10%.
On the Day of the Event
It is Glandore’s policy to ‘play, rain or shine’ however if due to weather conditions it is deemed dangerous, or the conditions put the patron’s safety at risk. The Glandore management may restrict certain aspects of the event. If this occurs food and beverage service will continue and the exclusivity of the area you have booked will be preserved. Entertainment will proceed to the best of our abilities and as much of the event will proceed as that is deemed safe.
TICKET CANCELLATION BY PURCHASER
NO CANCELLATION OR REFUND IS AVAILABLE FOR TICKET PURCHASES. (except in regards to event Cancellation as described above)
COVID related issues.
There will be no refunds in relation to COVID related issues unless mandated by federal/state government that the event cannot proceed due to lockdowns or other. Individual COVID circumstances due to isolation, etc will not be entitled to a refund.